Aspects Of Forensic Science
The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) published a report in February 2009 challenging most aspects of forensic science stating that with the techniques like bloodstain pattern and bite-mark analysis is pushing forensic science in a crisis. Along with it, many other reasons were stated that questions and challenges the aspects of forensic science.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, review additional readings and respond to the following:
• What are the problems that the NAS report suggested?
• What are the report’s recommendations?
• What is International Association for Identification (IAI)? What is the IAI’s position on the NAS Report?
• What is American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)? What is the AAFS’s position on the NAS Report?
• Why would the IAI and the AAFS be crucial associations for students who are earning degrees in criminal justice related fields to become very familiar with, potential members of, and or to attend annual conferences?
Most forensic scientists are employed by law enforcement agencies. Because of this, forensic scientists may develop a prosecutorial bias. Some legal scholars and defense attorneys suggest that the impact of such bias could be limited by restricting the amount of information related to an investigation that the forensic scientist in the laboratory has access too.
This model proposes that the forensic scientists should only be given the information necessary to carry out the specific tests requested by the investigator. The forensic scientist should not be provided with police incident reports or a narrative of the crime. Based on these observations answer the following:
• Is the proposed model adoptable? What are the pros and cons of this model for forensic science examinations? Justify your answer.
• Discuss ways in which bias towards the prosecution might affect the following:
The conclusions of laboratory examinations
The courtroom testimony
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT