1. Place a few pieces of dried fruit such as raisins, prunes, or banana chips in water. Observe them after 1 hour or more. Look at them again the next day.
2. Place some grapes in a concentrated salt-water solution. Observe them after 1 hour or more. Look at them again the next day.
3. Place one potato slice in water and another slice in a concentrated salt-water solution. After 1 to 2 hours, observe the shapes and size of the slices. Look at them again the next day.
1. How did the shape of the dried fruit change after being in water? Explain.
2. How did the appearance of the grapes change after being in a concentrated salt solution? Explain.
3. How does the appearance of the potato slice that was placed in water compare to the appearance of the potato slice placed in salt water? Explain.
4. At the grocery store, why are sprinklers used to spray water on fresh produce such as lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A DISCOUNT.