GNED500 Social Analysis Report Assignment Outline
Using the topic identified in your Social Analysis Project Proposal, each group will be required to analyze a social problem/issue using one of the frameworks presented in class (outlined in the GNED 500 textbook).
The report should be organized and should include headings and subheadings along with the name of the individual(s) responsible for completing the respective section (names printed beside heading or subheading).
Reports should be 5 to 6 pages (not including cover page or references) and consist of the following components:
- Identifying and defining the social problem
- Connecting the social problem to the GNED500 course
- Social Analysis
- Conduct a social analysis using one of the frameworks presented in the text
- Present a diversity of perspectives on the issue and support your arguments with research from credible academic sources (see annotated bibliography for proposal)
- Analysis should be in-depth (2-3 paragraphs for each level of analysis)
- Summarize main points of the analysis on the social problem
- Outlined two brief recommendations for social action
- Using information gathered from the social analysis, students will develop a set of recommendations for social action
How to conduct research:
- Information used in the analysis and report must be obtained from credible academic sources – can use a combination of journal articles, books, websites, articles, documentaries, organizations, etc.
- All research must be cited throughout the assignment using APA formatting in text citations, references/works cited (at the end of the report)